Drug abuse is a substance use disorder where you start taking drugs extensively despite the consequences. The drugs you use can be marijuana, opioids, alcohol, and hallucinogens. Here you are not able to control your urge and have a lower capacity of withdrawal. These drugs affect both the brain and body. So, let us know more about drug abuse and how they affect both physically and mentally.
Drugs can affect the brain by producing chemicals that can kill many brain cells that cannot revive or rebuild themselves. When you take drugs, it creates a large amount of dopamine, giving you a feeling of pleasure. These regulate emotion and feel in your brain, giving you a sense of being high.
After a while, the brain will crave more dopamine. Thus, increasing your tolerance level. When you keep on increasing the dose after a point in time, you will not satisfy the craving. Consequently, causing damage that is both short and long-term, leading to a change in behavior and personality. It can also lead to emotional changes, like the following:
- Increased aggression
- Panic attacks
- Impaired judgment
- Loss of self-control
These emotional changes can result in many relationship losses, regular fights. These fights also cause legal issues in many cases. Sometimes the person behaves very differently and may start domestic violence or even hurt themselves. Drug addiction is also proved dangerous for everyone related to the person.
People who are engaged in regular drug abuse are found to be suffering from various health diseases. When learning about drug abuse health problems, you should know that it affects all the body parts together. It involves the heart, brain, lungs, throat, pancreas, liver, abdomen, nervous system, and much more. Let us look at how:
- It weakens the body’s immune system, thus increasing sickness and diseases in the body.
- It can cause infectious disease by the needle that you often share while injecting drugs.
- It increases the heart rate abnormally, often resulting in heart attacks.
- When you inject drugs directly in the veins, it can create many marks and lead to collapsed veins.
- Increased pressure on the liver can cause various liver problems, sometimes leading to liver failure.
- You will find it tough to do regular daily work, meeting responsibility at work, sleep, reason, think, remember, and solve issues.
The dependence on drugs will increase over time. As a result, you will ignore the fact that it is causing severe health problems and continue taking it anyway.
Now when you know about drug abuse and how they damage your brain and body, you must agree that it is a very destructive activity and needs to be cured immediately. If you or anyone you know is suffering from drug abuse or addiction, help the person get proper medical help. If you want to know more about addiction and its cure, click the link http://rehabcenterorangecounty.com/.